"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Current Home Workout Favorites

As you know I am a big Jillian Michaels and Barre fan....

If you're looking for a quick (but not easy) and effective workout, she is your gal. It's all about maximum effort for a minimum amount of time.
These are great strength/cardio workouts:
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - 4 workout levels 1-4
Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights - 2 workouts using kettle bells or a hand weight


If you are just getting started - took a workout break, just had a baby - OR you hit a plateau and need something new, try one of these:
Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown- more of a power yoga variety than an "ohm meditation" yoga
(I must say this is not your typical yoga, it's a yoga for the un-yogi)
Xtend Barre: Lean and Chiseled - great toning, builds long, lean muscles

(This is the only PB DVD I have tried and I have been to classes and love them. I'm sure all of their DVDs are good and for $14.99 a pop, verses $20+ per live class, they're a great deal!)


If you are very limited on time, don't skip the workout!! Remember something is better than nothing! Try one of these FREE you tube Tone It Up Videos:
These trainers, Karena and Katrina, also have a great health/fitness blog: Tone It Up

Happy Home-Working Out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment