"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure

Fourteen days ago I got the wacky idea to start Jillian Michaels' new DVD challenge, "Ripped in 3o". ( http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Ripped-30/dp/B004CRR9IS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1300229978&sr=8-1) For those of you who know about Jillian from the Biggest Loser and her previous workouts, you know she is no joke! I had lost all my baby weight but of course I was a little squishier than before and feeling very out of shape. Well, 2 weeks into it and I'm feeling great, although very sore! I highly recommend this little program for anyone who feels they are in a rut or is just getting started. The workouts are very challenging so part of the goal is just being able to do the more challenging exercises without vomiting. ;-) My thought in sharing about the challenge I gave myself is that if you are not happy with something in your life, then change it. Easier said then done, right? Just take it one day at a time and you will get there, no matter what your goal is.

Taking care of yourself is very important to God. It's not just about looking good or losing weight, it's also about taking care of the body God gave you here on Earth. If we are not able to take care of what He gave us here, why would He store up treasures in Heaven for us to take care of? I'm encouraging you to make one little change in your daily life that will better your health. Whether it's cutting out trans fat, taking a walk each day, or drinking more water, your body will thank you.

Here is a verse to think about:
" "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment