"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Letter I!

In light of Spring and the gorgeous weather we are learning about the Letter I for Insect!
We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Butterflies, and 10 Little Ladybugs. And we discussed metamorphosis, cocoons, and other fun stuff!
We made a ladybug craft and a butterfly craft.
We also read a story about the Helpful Ladybug, courtesy of Danielle's Place. This story was a great lesson in learning to be helpful and kind. I highly recommend Danielle's Place for lessons and craft ideas.

And we finished the morning off by making butterfly cookies, they quite enjoyed this ;-)
G and I will be going on a Ladybug Nature Hike with Learning As You Grow on Thursday, which will fit in perfectly with this week's theme. Learning As You Grow is an awesome organization here in Las Vegas that has art and science classes, hikes, P.E., and other fun things for preschoolers and homeschoolers to participate in. We are looking forward to trying our first activity with them.

2 comments: